Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Cauliflower Goji Berry Salad

Oh, my....what an awesome recipe. My daughter asked me if it was a raw 'potato' salad, and I realised that it could easily replace a picnic favourite. No cooking, not worries about keeping it cool when eating outdoors. So yummy you'll be swatting them away as they try to eat right out of the bowl.


This is so easy to throw together, and so yummy that you'll want to make it over and over.

Cauliflower Goji Berry Salad

1 cauliflower
1 medium red onion
1/3 cup goji berries
1/4 cup pine nuts

3/4 cup soaked cashews (soak 30 min -2 hrs. try not to soak more than 4 hours)
1-2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
1 clove of garlic
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste


Coarsely chop up the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and put in a bowl. Dice the onion and add to the cauliflower. Add the goji berries and pine nuts. Lighty salt and toss. Set aside.

In a high-speed blender, Nutribullet or Nutribullet Rx (I'll show you the ones I use at one point), blend the cashews, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and a bit of water. You will want to add water very slowly because we are looking for a thick, creamy consistency.

Add the cream sauce to the cauliflower mixture and stir to coat. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. If you let it sit for a few minutes, the flavours will really come out.

You will not be disappointed and neither will those you share it with...if you do decide to share. I wanted to add another post, but now I think I'm gonna take a few minutes and go make this. My mouth is watering just writing about it.

If you do try this, let me know how it turned out and if you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment