Sunday, May 14, 2017

Smoothie, Smoothie, Smoothie

Gooood Morning!

Almost every morning in our home, we start the day with a yummy smoothie. My 3 yr old used to call it a "soumie" which has since evolved to a "smooty." We're getting there.
It's one of those, 'everything but the kitchen sink' recipes, but we wanted to make sure we got all our nutritious superfoods in there. This time-saving post is to share the brilliant idea of making portion sized superfood jars.

Some time ago, I started making mini-mason jars of superfoods, because when I was hurrying to get the morning smoothie done before running out the door, opening every bag n jar was a pain. This has made my life much easier. Now I am not giving out nutritional advice here because we are all different and so are our needs. I researched every single one of these ingredients before deciding to add it to our routine. I suggest you do so, too.

My choice of superfoods is listed below. Keep in mind that we are five people drinking this every morning (and my oldest would go off with a 1l mason jar for her day). You'll need to adjust your quantities to your needs. See that blender jar on the left? -well, we fill it to the top.



You can find all sorts of lists on the internet on fruit n veggie combining to make sure you have your greens. (I threw in Amazing Grass -Green Superfoods) but we'll be sprouting wheatgrass again and juicing our fresh greens.

Cacao nibs,
hemp seeds,
chia seeds,
sesame seeds (usually the black ones, but they were out),
flax seeds,
pumpkin seeds (my jar is now empty in the pic...)
maca
lucuma
mesquite
camu camu
spirulina
moringa
raw honey
coconut oil
coconut water or maple water
I squeeze 2 lemons, 3 oranges and a grapefruit,
banana
mango
pineapple

My Nutribullet Rx or my Kenmore Pro blend this to a silky smooth drink. Don't let the seeds 'n chunks scare you. (My bullet had died at one point, and while we waited for its replacement to arrive, I used my intermediate sized bullet. My hubby asked if I had put a granola bar into the mix that morning...yeah, not as silky smooth as usual, lol.

I love seeing my girls enjoying their smoothie. I am thrilled knowing they are getting something good into their bodies to start the day.  If you try it, let me know what you think of it!


Since I've discovered Young Living's Ningxia red, I think it's a great alternative for someone who doesn't want to break the bank stocking up on all these superfoods, or simply doesn't have the time to go through this whole process every morning. BTW wolfberries and Goji berries are one in the same. You can either get the 60 ml packets or the 750ml bottles. Feel free to contact me if you want any.
This is from their website:  NingXia Red® is a delicious drink that contains whole Ningxia wolfberry puree; a super blend of blueberry, aronia, cherry, pomegranate, and plum juices; natural stevia, grape seed, and pure vanilla extracts; and orange, yuzu, lemon, and tangerine essential oils. NingXia Red provides a whole-body nutrient infusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment